Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dog Tired

We were off on a quick trip home to see my nephew graduate from high school. It was the same high school that I graduated from too. Wow isn't it amazing how nostalgia hits you below the belt sometimes? I was lucky enough to get a tour after not seeing the school for almost 20 years. Dang has it been that long? Yep sure has!

Apparently we needed to spend some more time with my family since God sent a severe thunderstorm to delay us long enough to miss our connecting flight. Our first plane did not even get to land, it got diverted before we even got a chance to get on. We rebooked to try it again the next day and the sun came out to light up the beautiful blue sky. Funny how things work out.

We got to surprise my nephew at work with our delay. The look of confusion on his face was priceless to me. He is a smart kid but 2 and 2 added up to 10 in his mind at that moment.

I think Big G here at home may have even forgiven us for leaving this time. No? I'm working on it any ways, he is a hard cat to please.

No comments:

Post a Comment