Friday, August 31, 2012

What about my spinning you say?

My spinning has slowed down, pretty much to a halt for a time. But I've picked up my spindle again and plied this.


I still have a bit more to go but my spindle was so full it would not hold anymore. I think that may have been part of the problem. It takes a bit more force to get all this yarn moving.

Now what am I going to make with this crazy colored yarn? I think it is mostly fingering weight. Maybe some stop traffic mitts? You know people are going to see those coming.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking to myself yesterday, "I really should do some spinning soon." I pick up my spindles every few months, spin a few yards, and then put them down again. I really need to get back on the wagon and do a project from my spun yarn, because that'd really motivate me to do some spindling!

    That would make a cool Baktus or Multnomah or something. How many yards did you get out of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Baktus or Multnomah, I love both of those patterns. I still have a bit more to ply before I know my yardage.

      Isn't it funny how spinning and knitting ebb and flow. Sometimes you can not get enough done and sometimes you don't even want to think about it.

      Delete