Sunday, August 19, 2012

As Promised New Yarn from SD

Well I am back to talking about yarn again. Look what I found on my unplanned layover.

I've been fighting the urge to knit a few more shawls/scarves. Particularly Wingspan has been calling to me to find just the right yarn. I noticed a sample knit of Wingspan and was able to try it on. Some of the smaller shawlettes are too delicate looking on me. I revert to my farm girl roots and look silly. But Wingspan was just the right size. So I found the Mini Mochi and played with colors, finally settling for this colorway. 



Since we had just spent the day before driving past wheat fields, I fell in love with a colorway that is totally not me. I asked D if he wanted another pair of crazy socks but he is going to let me have this colorway, well at least for now he is.


I thought this might make a nice Wingspan too but then I started looking and Hitchhiker is calling to me instead, or maybe Lintilla. Which will look better? I don't know either, that is why I started Wingspan with the Mini Mochi instead. Those two patterns can duke it out in my head while I knit along happily on garter stitch.


While I had sworn off single ply yarns for socks I am currently loving them for shawls. I may after these two yarns swear them off again, but I don't think so the colors are just too tempting.

I also found some roving on my Mom's side of the state. I don't know if it is bad to try to spin dark roving as a beginner. I do know that ignorance is bliss sometimes, so I came home with some lovely dark roving. 


It is so much fun to go into different shops and see what other yarns they carry. I try to find things that I can not find local to my home. I like to spread the yarn money around when I can, yet keep the home fires burning too. It is a tough job but I am willing to do it. Hee Hee.

2 comments:

  1. Love the different colors! It makes me want to go out and buy more fabric, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait just a minute you're trying to use up your stash right? I am so sorry to have color encouraged you.
      Just look at the pretty pictures and forget about buying more...doesn't work for you either does it?

      Delete