Monday, August 13, 2012

Look what followed me home from SD

One of the things that I most enjoy about our visits home is how my sister and I connect over books now. We had to share a room while growing up, and it did not help us to see eye to eye. 

But now she is introducing me to books I never thought to read. And on the plus side she let me take home her duplicate books. She introduced me to Lawrence Block and now I will try Ed McBain. I don't think she will take up my victorian romance novels, but then again I've never offered them to her. Hmm, I wonder? Sis, you want me to send you a sample novel?


My lovely Mother in law was thinking of how I like to wear sweaters when she picked this out for me from her late Mother's jewelry box. This is a local type of jewelry called Black Hills Gold. It is usually three colors of gold (gold, green and pink) containing leaf and grape motifs. I think it is based on a prospector's dream, or at least that was the story I was once told.


I thought it was very nice to pass on a piece of Grandma's jewelry to me. I hope my hand knit sweaters can display it properly. She was such an elegant and lovely lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment