Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wisterious Socks to Wristlets


One of my first pairs of socks developed holes and I did not want to try to mend them. It does not work as well as I hope it will. So I hatched a hair brained idea, why not turn them into wristlets? I always see beautiful patterns for wristlets but look I can have a pair even quicker!


I cut the area that had worn and unraveled backwards up the sock since these were knit as all my socks are knit top down. I savaged the unworn-out leg of the sock. I must warn you it is a bit sad to see something you were so proud of ripped up but it is a bit fun to unravel too. Does that make me a tad demented?


I picked up stitches and knit a short, matching 2x2 rib. 


And Voila! new old mitts in a fraction of the time.

I have noticed when I wear my Fetching fingerless mitts at work my palms can get a touch sweaty and since these don't have a thumb hole, they don't hold quite as close to the palm and don't over heat.

So now you know what I will be doing with any of my old fancy socks since they are the hardest ones to let go. Anybody want a pair of old socks reworked? I promise to wash them. Hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment