Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Going to England 2009 A Look Back

Sunday Jan 18 2009
I think this is the biggest, most planned, unplanned and re-planned trip to date. I will gave a history later of what happen to us while planning this one.

Two weeks ago I was excited for the trip. This last week I was terrified. As in I don't want to do it, I want to stay home. As I continued to pray about it I was calmed. I will always be a worried and someone who hates change, but that is who I am. I can not let fear control me. As I say that I wonder what I will say in a week. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

We woke to beautiful NY snow, or as I call it movie snow huge white flakes falling soflly to the ground, no wind to disturb anything. It continued to snow through out the day. Our flight was in the evening so I had all day to wind myself up. The first leg was from Albany NY to Philadelphia Pa. When we land in Philly the planes are backed up by 50-70 to even get to the gate. We only had a lay over of around an hour so this could mess things up.

The flight crew keep telling us that most likely all flights are delayed. We get off the plane at 8:30 and our London flight is scheduled to leave at 8:45. As we are trying to make it to the gate (in another concourse don't you know) we hear them announce the last call for our flight. I tell D to run for the gate separately because he is faster. They tell him at the gate that they just canceled us, but process us and open the gateway door and let us on. Yay!!!

The London plane pulls away from the gate then tells us there will be a 30-90 minute delay while we wait to get deiced. Buddy take all the time you need we're on the flight it is all good.

The flight is not packed so I lay down in the seat and try to sleep. I pulled the shawl over my head and went off for a date in la la land. D stayed up and ate the dinner. I remember hearing the flight attendant talk to him and woke up later to find him gone. She had told him that he could move to another aisle to lay down if he wanted. I found him later about three rows up from the bathrooms. It was a large plane but not as large as the one he took to Norway. It was 3 and 3 with no center seating. Still a good sized plane when most our flights back to SD involve a 1 and 1, or 1 and 2 plane.

D thought it would be best to immortalize the start of our trip with a picture at the airport. That would be my "I'm going to England" smile.

D found a granola bar in his coat pocket that a friend gave him earlier in the week. He was so happy he had to eat it right then in the airport, and I had to save the moment with my camera.

That is his I have food face.

London I can not wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment