Thursday, September 3, 2009

So you never know

You never know how an evening will turn out. Tonight I took a risk and stepped out of my antisocial box.

I've been wanting to learn how to make kilt hose since before I knew how to knit. I think that is why I took to socks so quickly. It just made sense that you would put wooly goodness on your feet.

Tonight in our local book store I went to check out the knitting books and saw a woman knitting, not just knitting but knitting kilt hose. Now I know divine intervention when I feel it. When would I ever come across a situation like that again. Someone I could talk directly to and see what she was working on at the same time right in front of me. Now as you know normally I do not talk to strangers and I barely talk to friends. The hand of God walked me over to her and forced me to ask what pattern was she using. Sadly it was her own pattern but she offered to show me how she does it.

Now the truly lovely thing is she is from Ireland. So all the instructions were given in a lovely Irish accent. I love accents! She discussed various things with me and D. Irish history and food, doctors without borders and knitting. We played a game of I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Magical is how I would describe it. I have her cell phone number, can locate her on Ravelry and have a crazy story of how I can come out of my shell if knitting is involved.

So I am one happy knittin' kitten. Or at least I will be when I make my first pair of kilt hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment