Friday, November 30, 2012

Yikes another hole!

So today was a busy day for me. Heavy work day, lots of people in and out of my workspace. After work a two cat annual vet visit. Busy but not terribly challenging.

Till I was on my way to the vet's office with two extremely vocal cats. That is when the low tire pressure light came on. Now I've never had one of these personally before, but coworkers have, usually they're nothing to worry about. But I was reasonably close to my destination, as a precaution I called the Hubby to make him aware that I might need rescuing. I checked all my tires when I arrived and maybe one looked a little low I was not sure but I knew I would look again before I left.

While I was in the waiting room I pull out my knitting and start waiting, knitter style. One of the office ladies asks me what I am making, to which you all know the reply was socks. D's new socks were just finishing their first cuff, so I showed her one of Mom's completed socks. When she says I've always wanted to learn how to do that. You know my reply was, I'll teach you!

Now on a side note here I must point out this is the first time I've ever looked like a unselfish knitter, usually when people as who the sock is for, it's almost always for me. Take that universe. one time I looked generous.

The boys and I get called in and Dr B is thrilled with how my Gus looks. Jack is told he looks much younger than his real age. I blame Jack's eternal younger brother-ness. All in all we have a good visit but hey I am not the one who had blood samples taken either.

I pay the bill and tell the lady-who-wishes-she-could-learn-to-knit, that my offer was real. She can call me if she wants to learn, even if she tries it once and decides it is not for her. I think it is nice to give someone an easy out too.

I buckle the kids in and check the tire. It is not flat-flat but it is not holding a heck of a lot of air at this point. D and I converse for a game plan. I call our roadside assistance number and settle in for a bit more knitting with a touch of chill too.

G talks me into letting him out of the carrier while we're waiting. Yeah I know I could see him bolting for the door as soon as I opened it too, but my G he is too cool for that.

My service guy shows up and makes it so I can get home. There was much rejoicing. My tire? It has a nail in it. So I am off to the auto shop in the am. Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment