Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkeydilla

What do you do with left over turkey? I found out tonight that I make turkeydillas. What do you mean turkeydilla is not a real word? I will explain.

Turkey + quesadilla = Turkeydilla

I heated a can of summer crisp corn, with a can of black beans, rinsed. I think black beans are my ketchup, they make everything taste better. To that I added the cut up left over turkey breast, cumin, garlic and onion powder, and whatever salsa I could find in the refrigerator, maybe 3/4 of a cup. D loves his salsa. Quite frankly I am surprised we had any left I have not yet made the salsa purchase this week.

Once all that was warm I scooped it into a tortilla, tossed on some cheese and another tortilla and microwaved it for a couple of minutes or so. I repeated the process for my dinner and viola. We had dinner. 

Plus there is some left over for tomorrow night so D is even off the dinner hook for a night too. See what a good wife I am. 

Plus mealtime is just more fun when you're surrounded by Christmas lights. The cats are enjoying having something dangling from a tree to swat at. Christmas is indeed the most wonderful time of the year for them. 

2 comments:

  1. I love quesadillas of any type, but the hubby is not keen on melted cheese, so it never really makes it onto my plate at my house. I like the addition of corn, beans, garlic and cumin, so I may have to dish up a plate for myself sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very tasty! Every once in a while we should have something that we don't eat all the time. Keeps the taste buds moving.

      Delete