Saturday, November 5, 2011

For Mom

A summer or so ago I was home in South Dakota visiting my family and our flight was delayed so we got to spend and extra day at home. Mom and I used the bonus time to visit a yarn store and pick out some yarn. 

Mom chose purple Jaggerspun wool silk blend. A fine choice if I do say so myself. It marinated in my stash for a bit and Gus may have even brought it in to D and me while we were sleeping. He is quite the yarn snob. "What? Grandma picks nice yarn, we have similar taste. Except I am the only one that really tastes the yarn."

Anyways, you know the tale of Mom's hat, well her mitts did not have the same pitfalls. Now that could be because I have knit this pattern five or six times now. What? They are quick easy and really useful in my opinion. Oh and did I mention I think they look lovely too?


And just to let you know I test my knitting before I give it away. I was nice and toasty. No, I don't really test my knitting before I give it away, we were headed out for a walk and oddly this was the only hat I had. Time for me to make some hats. 


I don't know how a lace pattern hat is going to hold up to SD wind but maybe she will wear it for light duty. 

So my knitting is pretty much like me, a bit eclectic. I choose cables for one thing and lace for another and call them a "matched" set. At least the yarn matches itself. 

6 comments:

  1. Damn, the photography is amazing. Did you use a professional?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is a professional...something. Thanks for the pics. I will give you credit next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful yarn in such a beautiful colour! What's the name of the colourway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The name is Deep Purple. Hand written on each label. At least it is accurate.
    Thank you and it really was a great yarn to work with. I would definitely buy more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I LOVE my hat that you made for me. Keeps me warm at hockey.

    ReplyDelete