Sunday, March 20, 2011

Making Bread


I decided to try yet another way to make bread. This is the basic bread recipe from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. The theory behind this book and its two sisters is that you mix a big batch of very wet dough and store it in the refrigerator. You bake one loaf at a time when you need it. 

I am not sure that my dough is wet enough but I am going to go with this the first time. I did sprinkle in a bit more water on top of the dough. I don't have a 5 quart container to store the dough in either so I halved the recipe and used my 3 quart salad container. Now I wait 2-5 hours and either bake one of the loaves or I bake in the evening twice this week.


Why yes that is my new Danish dough whisk that I received for Christmas. Thanks for asking. It worked fine and mixed the dough quickly. I really like it as an option for hand mixing dough. Especially with a dough like this that comes together easily.

I jumped when I saw the book sitting at the library. I had been wanting to try it for a time. You know I do so love the library. It is just too bad I can not learn from osmosis, or else I would be brilliant.

Now I think I will knit on my sweater for a bit while I wait for dough development.

No comments:

Post a Comment