Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

Today we attended a memorial service at our American Legion. It is always so humbling to think of the people who are no longer with us. The analogy was made that when you sign up for military service you're signing a blank check, to your government for up to and including your life. This really struck home for me. I am always so proud and thankful when D stands up at one of these services.

This past week D was thanked for his service twice. I was a proud Navy wife. His short career may not have been dangerous but it was needed and valued.

So if you know a vet thank them again sometime randomly. Maybe I will start carrying notes of thanks that I can place on autos. Every vet deserves a Thank You. And don't forget to buy a poppy either.

No comments:

Post a Comment