Thursday, October 28, 2010

Book Troubles

I was driving home tonight thinking about my current book on CD playing in the car, Life with Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse. It was written in the 20's by a Brit and is held up as true British humor. I can not wait for it to be done. It is not like it did not have its moments but if I have to hear about one more whiney useless relative I may cry.

I knew I was in trouble when I considered quitting on the 4th CD. I talked myself out of it because there were only two more CDs to go. For some reason I hate leaving a book unfinished. I have finally learned to do it but it still takes and act of congress. (I have to really hate it in order to quit reading.)

I cannot stand useless, sponging, air headed, self absorbed characters. I wanted to smack the cousins in the book quite a few times. I'm sure it was written to make you dislike them, but I think I went a bit to the personal side.

The ironic thing is, I have two other books on CD riding around in the car with me. It is not like I don't have anything else to listen to. My personality even makes me go Hmmm.

I hear-by promise myself: if the next book I start to listen to is not satisfactory I may ditch it early. You all are my witnesses.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, I am not a fan of Wodehouse's writing. I thought I would like it a lot more, but it's quite tedious. I much preferred the tv series based on his Jeeves characters called "Jeeves and Wooster" starring Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie (of House fame). Much easier to watch, and quite a bit more entertaining!

    I have to say, I gasped when I read the first few lines of this post! How funny to share an opinion of something so specific!

    ReplyDelete