Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Crud

Yep I've got it. I've been totally wiped out, mostly from the knife convention going on in my throat. You want Ginsu I've got them. I don't want them but I've got them. It started out as a sore throat and complete all over body aches. The truck hit me in my sleep and backed over me a couple of times for good measure. I went to the doctor on the first day because I remember hearing that treatments for the flu must start within 24-48 hours of symptom onset. I'm not sure if this is true but let me tell you I was motivated. Dr did not even mention flu, he did quick and not as quick tests for strep. Quick one came back negative so he sent me home with prescriptions to control my symptoms since he deemed it a viral infection.

Have you ever tried to gargle toothpaste? A slight bit more viscose and you would have the consistency of fluid I was to gargle. Yeah did not work for me but I got a numb tongue for a bit. Not the area I was interested in numbing.

It is amazing how you body slows down saliva production when it hurts to swallow. You know it hurts when you wake up when you swallow. I think that is why I was able to nap so much. Jack took the first day's shift and Gus took the third day's shift. I went into work on the second day and got done what really needed to be done, then came home to suffer by myself.

Gus was cute because he kept checking on me. He would come up and tap me on my face to see if I would respond. When I did he would snuggle in close and purr for me. Jack is more of a general heat distribution cat.

I am even more antisocial when I'm sick. I don't want anyone that has less than four legs near me. It is like I feel I must entertain people and just don't have the guts to do it. I was even a bit annoyed when D came home the other night. I mean he lives here I think he has a right to be here.

I was even too exhausted to knit for a few days. I would carry it from room to room, but not knit on it. I was able to concentrate to day so I got a few rounds done on the two projects I'm actively working on.

I did look a bit on Ravelry today to find a pattern for Mom's hat but I was unable to make a decision. That is probably a good thing since decisions made while you're ill are usually not the best.

Well I am off to delay some decisions right now. Happy knitting

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to her you aren't feeling well! It sucks when you can't even enjoy a sick day (I mean, shouldn't we enjoy them at least a little bit?). Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete