Saturday, March 20, 2010

Finally - My Mittens

Here they are, photographed with the help of my man.


I think they are gorgeous if I do say so myself. The funny thing is, I've not been able to really use them. The weather has been quite nice since I finished them. We had a big snow storm three days before I finished them. But since nada, no snow, no reason to wear them. Oh, by the way your welcome Northeast.


The inside of stranded knitting is beautiful too. I can not believe that the reverse of the pattern shows up too. I'm pretty proud that these worked out so well since I had so many issues. Not bad for a first try, or more truthfully many first tries done consecutively.

On another note I was in buying wine the other night and that started me thinking. I go through buying phases, sometimes all I want to do is experiment and try new things, other times all I want are tried and true old favorites. I think I buy yarn the same way I love trying new yarns, but some projects require tried and true. Oh I bought some beautiful Malabrigo for a sweater. So there is my new yarn for a time. I made a hat with it a while ago with a skein, turned out all wrong and I've not reknit it into a more useable item. I hope my sweater will work out. Did I jinx myself by buying the yarn on the warmest day so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment