Ok I admit it I could not hack staying up late enough of cast on my project when the Olympic flame was lit. I went to bed, and I'm glad I did. So I cast on the next morning February 13th instead.
I did remember to take a picture later that day.
I've been working on them since then. I've been fighting my natural tight knitter instincts and have learned to stretch the fabric every 4 stitches or so, which should help keep the fabric from puckering up. (like dis)
The mittens and I decided today would be a good day for a picture field trip, or yard trip as our case was. They got a bit of snow and a bit of the late afternoon sun too.
The mitten on the left I had not worked with yet Olympic wise. I'd started the decreases to form the pointy top on the right mitten.
I finished the tips of both mittens tonight. I must remember to turn them inside out and take some pictures as the inside is as cool looking as the outside. So now all they need are thumbs. I hope I will be able to make it but this seems like the truly delicate color work starts now.