Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reading list Update

Poor Crime and Punishment, I apparently do not want to know you.  I keep telling myself it is because I am listening to a book on CD in the car and that is where I want to read you.  Just keep telling yourself only 2 more CDs to go and don't let me wander off to the library.
I went to the used book sale at the library last weekend.  Two whole rooms of potential staring me in the face. I ended up only getting a few and am sorely disappointed in myself for not finding more. (There was not more that I wanted, but disappointment is disappointment) I picked up Galileo's Daughter, the Constant Princess and Pillars of the Earth. 
I started a book at home here that I am struggling with, The Princess Bride.  I always try to read the book before seeing the movie, because what ever is impressed on the brain first I always regress to being the real version.  Does not matter which came first on the time line, it is always my first impression that stays with me. I love the movie The Princess Bride, the book not as much yet. I'm finding his writing style difficult.  Lots of asides and things to pull you off the point. That should work for me but it doesn't.
I still love the line, "I don't think that word means what you think it means." 

No comments:

Post a Comment