Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blogging

I started this blog mainly to have a place to put up pictures of my knitting and send out some random thoughts into the world.  Well I still don't know how to put pictures into the blog, but I have the random thoughts thing down!  
I find myself thinking of topics to talk about here.  What do I think about this, or that?  Then when I sit down to do it pffft, nothing comes out.  So I think about some random thing and start typing.  I guess that is how I think, randomly.  Actually if you've had a conversation with me you have already seen my thought process at work.  I write how I talk.  I'm still not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  I am choosing to think of it as my "style".  Oh yeah I use quotes a lot also.  
I read recently about an elderly Spanish lady that was a popular blogger because she had seen so much and discussed it in the blog.  I want my blog to be like that in theory.  I want to be able to talk about things freely.  I know in my heart this will not happen because all the world has access.  Shoot, I'm not even willing to smile at strangers on the street most days why would I invite them into my brain house.  
I also heard on Bones writing reveals more about the writer than the subject.  I guess I can see that.  How much of my true self gets out here?  Too much and I won't be able to look you in the eye next time we meet.  Too little and this really is an exercise in futility. 
Today's conclusion: I need more knitting content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment