Friday, December 31, 2021

Year end looking back

Well like most of you I hope that 2022 is a better year than the past few. I know the kitties are ready for the world to be better so they can spend less time taking care of mom after shots and more time taking care of napping. OK fine they admit to napping quite a bit while taking care of momma, but still everyone needs less stress. 

Now that the big move is over I am concentrating on keeping us safe and happy. Quite a big task if I do say so. But the kitties are with me so I've got that going for me.

The kitties trying to keep me warm and make me nap after my booster shot.




I can tell you that I managed to meet my sock knitting goal of 12 pairs this year. Let me show you pair eleven. Hubby's Christmas 2021 socks. Yes I know it is not an artistic picture. If the world has taught us anything we need to roll with what we have. They are beautiful and he is happy to wear them. They are from Lisa Sousa Hardtwist Merino Petite in the Aww-Tum colorway. This yarn followed me home from Rhinebeck in 2015. Huh I guess that makes it one of my last Rhinebeck hauls. Incredible color.


My last pair of socks were for me. These are Huckleberry Knits Willow BFL in Honeycrisp colorway. Now these were a pandemic purchase directly from the dyer. Sadly she went out of business this year but I will enjoy here beautiful colors on my feet for quite a while. 

Do we need to look at the tally? Heck yeah I do. Hubby got more than half of the haul this year with seven pairs for him. I got two including my purple socks that I knit on while waiting to make sure my body could handle the vaccine. Those socks hold so much hope and love for me. Our caretaker friend Julie got two pairs knit for her after she gently asked what you have to do to get on my knitting list. Since she kept both of us feed and sane during our separate broken bone confinements, she did not need to do anything she's already sock worthy. Plus she is almost my foot size so she got pick of don't fit me anymore pile. Nice to know my socks are keeping her toasty when she is out camping. She even sends me sock pictures, hard for her to get anymore sock worthy than that. 


I have more to tell you and show you but I might as well just stop here and get this job done while the sun is still up. 

And one last thing RIP Betty White, you made me laugh and feel better. Thanks for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment