Saturday, December 4, 2021

NM Success

Yes moving is hard but it can have advantages too. We found a phenomenal taco place next to a brewery. Mid-day tacos and beer in the sunshine? Yes we did!


My first street tacos and first fish taco. No those were not my first beers... I will say the sun is wonderful but blinding here. That is the only way I can explain cutting D off mid face.


I successfully made high altitude scones! D declared them my best ever scones but I think he was mostly happy to have them back after the chaos of the move. We did manage to find a bakery that makes scones and they were so big four scones lasted us four days.  


Burt is enjoying his momma's lap time. It is his favorite way to start a Caturday. He approves of scones and tea because they keep momma sitting for long enough to get a good nap in. 



Of course Burt does not believe there that a bad nap exists either though.


I finally managed to finish a pair of socks for Hubby. The move really put a crimp in my knitting time. I have a long standing goal of knitting 12 pairs of socks a year. Well it is not looking too good this year. This is pair ten, and we are into December now, yikes.

See Jayne Knit Superwash merino/nylon in Dead for Ten Minutes colorway.


At least I have one other sock done, so I am halfway on pair eleven. Don't you just love how my pumpkin bag compliments my foliage sock? You can guess what time of year these ones were started and know they have been quietly waiting their turn at some knitting time. So technically I am only three socks behind schedule.


Lisa Sousa Hardtwist Merino Petite in Aww-Tum colorway.

Because I had tossed the stash so thoroughly before the move I knew which bag of yarn was calling my name before the move so I easily found my next yarn to knit. 


Huckleberry Knits Willow BFL/Nylon in Honeycrisp colorway. 

 I am so glad this was one of my post ankle break pandemic buys last year. The dyer closed up shop earlier this year. Just goes to show you sometimes you really should buy the yarn when you want it.


So we're all settling in here and finding where we put things and discovering the joy of finding new favorite places while finding comfort in still having old favorites around us. No honey, you cannot call me "Old Favorite" now. It is not romantic at all.


I'm looking forward to being able to show you other successes and not too many failures too.

Happy knitting!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are settling in nicely. Congratulations on finding good scones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Scone finding skills have been honed to a sharp point. We think we will really like it here, hopefully.

      Delete