Thursday, January 6, 2022

New Knitting Stuff

Ah WEBS you tricksy yarn store you! I opened my email on Christmas morning and saw this adorable bag up on offer as part of a kit. What can I say I am a sucker for knitting snowmen. Plus it came with a bunch of stuff that I wanted to try out, and an enamel snowman pin that matches the bag. It is like you were calling my name.


With no festivals to attend for the last few years my yarn purchases have been fewer. Sometimes you just have to reward yourself for not falling to pieces. I blame that multi-color blanket I should be working on. It is so pretty and fun to knit with its color changes.


Above is all that came with the kit. Yes I am now the proud owner of pom pom makers? OK fine I don't see myself as a pom pom kind of girl but hey whatever, I like all the other stuff and who knows I may be fully prepared for that pom pom emergency I did not plan for.

Then I added more colors because hey I really like yarn y'all! While I was at it some sock yarn caught my attention, because when does sock yarn not have my attention? And two of those skeins came with a tape measure. Who doesn't need another tape measure?


A sock yarn that will especially get my attention is one with a colorway name of Quiet Time. You know this girl is just praying for some nice quiet knitting time, and the cats are too because that means lap time.
 

This last ball quietly hid in the basket while all the others got their class picture taken. Now this one was a bit of a surprise, on the screen it was a deeper orange and I am not sure if I will ever fall in love with it. I do know it will make fantastic socks that someone will love. A bit more color diversity is just what I need.  I never used to like the color orange till I started knitting. Knitting sure opens up the world of color. So many interesting combinations that I never would have combined. Plus as a sock knitter I can get away with dang near anything for colors. It is not like it is going to make my feet look washed out or sickly. And if it does what the heck are you doing that close to my feet!?

Now I am going to go dig out that blanket that I had to put on hold to reach my sock goal last year and knit some on it. It has probably been long enough that I will screw it up and have to frog back but hey at least I will be knitting!

2 comments:

  1. I have never been much of a pom pom kind of person, but then I have never had a pom pom maker! I did successfully make a pom pom for a little gnome ornament a couple of weeks ago, so maybe the pom pom fortunes have changed for me. Nice yarn haul as well! I love the range of colours you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go pom pomer. I thought I remembered the gnome, but looking back that was the gnome on the card recently. That guy was awesome. I did enjoy picking out the colors. I don't think I love their pastel pinkish ones that came with the kit. I may sub in some bolder colors and figure out something else to do with the pinks.

      Delete