Monday, December 20, 2021

Whew Glad I got that off my chest.

Oh what story to tell you today? Sometimes I catch myself composing blog posts and journaling solely in my head, I really wish I could transfer them here so easily. I write such awesome things in my head. But when I sit down here I just stare at the blankness and think of all the things I need to be doing. And I never get the pictures I wanted loaded. Today I scrolled through pictures and I had posted most of them. So I have only this one to offer you.


So I am going to try some freeform writing to see how that goes. I know you're thinking like me, isn't that what I normally do anyways? Let's just pretend this is new and move on OK? Also no I did not write in my journal like I said I was going to last week. 

Yes we are settling in here but there is still more to do. Isn't there always more to do? 

I will tell you restocking a kitchen is not as fun as it sounds. I am starting to set up some freezer meals again. I love having a freezer full of yummy things to eat that I have made. I have been watching youtube videos from a lady that spends six or so hours cooking on a weekend to stock up their many freezers. She is a machine I tell you. Really 40 or more meals in four or six hours. Quite an inspiration but not the level I am looking to get to at this point in my life. The apartment kitchen is less fun than our Oregon kitchen but I am learning to adapt. Talk about space saving. At least I kept our freezer in this move and it fits perfectly in the kitchen. Almost like it was designed to go there. The kitchen does not have a lot of storage space and I sure as heck am not using it efficiently, but we are back to that settling in thing again. 

Hubby has discovered the joy of watching Great British Bake Off with me. And we are looking to explore cooking and baking together a bit more. I have told him I have no interest in making suet pudding but Swiss Roll is very much on the table for experimenting. I have always wanted to make one of those, so maybe a yule log for Christmas?

On the knitting front I am very happy to be close to my self imposed knitting goal of 12 pairs of socks this year. I have started the last sock that is needed. And even if I don't make it I came close and that is all that matters. Since I have only one sock on the needles I am itching to cast on more. And I want to get back to knitting that baby blanket for my friend again. D says the kid will be in college before it is done at this rate. I say it is still going to be done before my friend would have made it so it would still be a win. 

Goodreads tells me I have hit my goal of 52 books this year also, so I have that goal in the done pile too. 52 books read this year, check. Successful move in the middle of a pandemic, check. House sale complete, check. Still enjoying knitting, check. New handknit socks for hubby under the tree, almost check, they just need to be wrapped and put under tree. Booster and flu shot on board, check. Some Christmas cards sent out, check, more than last year's zero! Still in contact with friends in other states, check. Cats feed and petted, check. Momma not too stressed about everything, check.

Well I think that is enough rambling for the day. I feel better and I have some calls to make and some kitchen organization to do. 

Remember it always good to have a cup of tea with friends (furry or not furry) and just be you.



 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm guessing it won't be anytime soon since your have Archie and Bea now. Kittens and puppies take a lot of supervision even when they are gems.

      Delete
  2. I adore the Great British Bake Off! I have a friend who works with a bunch of people who all love it and they all choose their fave baker at the beginning of the series. If your baker gets voted out, you have to bring treats to work the next day. Pretty darn good system, if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome. I usually have two or three favorites wonder how that would work out for me? Treats for all!
      What happens if their baker wins? Does everyone have to bring them treats only?

      Delete
  3. Oh, and I also have a new favourite British show that I think both you and D would enjoy. It’s called The Repair Shop and people bring in old vintage treasures for the experts to repair: jukeboxes, military drums, leather saddles… I find it satisfying viewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting I will track that one down. I may have tried it while my leg was recovering and fell asleep during an episode. May need to give it another shot now that I am healed up.

      Delete