Sunday, December 12, 2021

Post move Randomness

Did you ever notice when you move you always find new items, or new places for items, or new uses for items? Well of course you find new places for items since the old places are no longer handy so to speak. Anyways new uses, I have never been a big fan of afghans. It seemed pretty counterintuitive to expect an item full of holes to keep you warm. But if you have a nice hole filling cat and an afghan big enough to fold over it can keep you quite warm.  Plus it was handy since we never really figured out a new spot for it. I assume this is an afghan my grandmother made but maybe not who knows anymore.

I do know the one on the back of the couch my mother knit while we were still living on the farm, acrylic yarn has its place I guess. Burt does not mind clashing with either. 



You think Big Orange clashes with red Momma? I don't think I clash at all! Afghan has hints of white, I have hints of white, we match perfectly! Plus it is pretty comfy here I ain't moving again!


Before I left Oregon, I found two little journals that I had to pick up. I had looked at the one on the left online and found a page that said write down bad things lightly in pencil then using a dark pen write good things over top of them. They are not erased but they are not so easy to read. My mind immediately rebelled and said this is a bad book how will you be able to read the pencil stuff? 

I stewed on that for a day or so before coming to realize I did indeed "need" the book to learn a few lessons, most importantly how to let that shit go!

Sadly I have not taken a bunch of time to start working through the book. It is another one of the lies we tell ourselves that today is full of tasks and we will do it tomorrow. Plus working on yourself is hard. So on Monday I will do one lesson from the book to get myself working on me. 

Anyways so much for life philosophy. Let me show you something cool one of my former coworkers gave me. It is meant to go into a cup so you have a great place for all those little tools you use.



I discovered it hangs over my little knitting basket quite well too. How cheery and handy is that?


So that is today's report. I'm sure I will think of more things to tell you as soon as I hit the post button. But hey how about lunch first Hmm?

2 comments:

  1. That little pouch is super neat! My tools are strewn all over the house. I’m quite sure I have a collection of stuff that has fallen down the sides of the couch. One day I’ll have to go deep sea diving in there to see what I have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know my move helped me find a lot of stuff and promptly lose it again. But at least I know I have it, or I did in Oregon.

      Delete