Saturday, April 30, 2016

No Really!

Honestly I've been knitting. You just have not heard from me much as we've been processing our grief. You want to see what I've been working on?

First up we have D's new socks. You'll remember these started off as urgent vacation knitting. I picked up the Lang Yarns Super Soxx yarn in Mad About Ewe on Vancouver Island. It is Cashmere Color 4 Ply. They are very nice and stripy too like D likes his socks.


Now I wished I had picked up the red version of the yarn too. It was so nice to work with. No really so nice.

Then we have my rustic socks. Hey they're Canadian yarn too! Shelridge Yarns Soft Touch Heather in Bronze. Oh that one toe tip is in Gunmetal Blue though. Yep I ran out just a tinge shy. Good think I can always pick up another color at Rhinebeck.


Yes they're a wee bit loose but I cannot stand the feeling of my feet being strangled. It must have been all those ill fitting socks over the years. I also like my sweater arms just a bit longer too, for the same reason.

Since I've only got a pair of socks on the needles for Mom, I'm looking for new project. This handspun yarn from Into The Whirled fiber is calling to me.


As it was calling it jumped onto my ball winder. I think it wants to be a cowl. Maybe another Honey Cowl? Does lace work with variegated handspun? It is more of a green and blue than it shows here. Anybody have a suggestion?



Gus does not yet have an opinion. Well at least he is not willing to voice it now.


Which is pretty funny because he has been voicing quite a bit. I feel like I am always being scolded or kept on his schedule. I think he misses Jack but is enjoying being the only cat. It is much easier to demand attention then ignore that same attention when it's only you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, look at you go! I'm amazed that you churned those socks out so quickly, but I suppose I feel like it was only last week you were here.

    Little Gus looks so comfy next to your yarn. Give him a snuggle for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See now that is funny I feel like they took a long time because I had two other pairs of socks on the needles. Jack's memorial socks were finished the week after the cashmere ones. Guess it really is all a matter of perspective.

      Gus says "Thanks Auntie Adriene for the snuggle, I sure can use them every once in awhile. I'm telling Mom to go to bed now. It takes her forever to settle in. Sigh."

      Delete