Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Memories

Last year when we were in Newport OR on vacation I took a similar picture to this year's vacation shot.


D even has beer from the same Oregon brewery. He tried a Chipotle Ale. My interest was peaked, it was not as spicy as I thought it would be. I know D quite enjoyed it and I promised to have one waiting for him when he finishes his half marathon in October. I hope he will be smiling then too.

We were in Mooresville for friend's wedding, as with any wedding we did not plan on spending much time with the bride and groom so we found other ways to amuse ourselves. 


We found a car museum. I think my father in law is working on restoring a car similar to this, so I thought I would throw in some eye candy for him.


Along with some pedal tractors too since he is interested in them too. I think he would have loved this museum. I know d said it was one of the best ones he's been to. I liked it but not quite that much. I still love the Smithsonian better.



D pointed out the little Bull Frog Knits on this car. Do you think it was a yarn store at one time? Hold on I will go google it...... Nope it was the name of a race in the 80's. Or atlas that is what I found on it.


Best race car driver name ever! I know it is wrong but I don't want to be right.


Do you think Jesus was his copilot? No sarcasm intended at all. I have Proverbs 3:5-6 inscribed on my ipod. It helps me to remember what is important.



I don't know why this made me giggle but I had to have D stand next to Horses and Mules bought and sold. Maybe I secretly adore the word livery.

Well that pretty much wraps up the NC portion of the trip. I am still working on the Antietam Battlefield post. That one is a hard place to capture in words.


No comments:

Post a Comment