Sunday, January 7, 2024

2023 A Year of Knitting

I don't like rules or schedules my knitting but I love the idea of my knitting yearbook. So this year I did one. Since I had nothing on the needles at the end of the year it felt weird and I wanted to see what all I had done.

In 2023 I knit nine pairs of socks, five for me, three for Hubby and one for another D with a significantly smaller foot than my D.



I knit for the first time my own handspun yarn. Which was really satisfying since I spin bulky yarn. D the hiking hubby needed a pair too but he had to settle for less bulky festival bought yarn.




I spun a wee bit more but the bug has not caught me like knitting, although I am not afraid to buy some fiber.


I knit myself some fancy socks.


And a new simple shawl in New Mexico's shades of brown.


I succumbed to knitting stress and learned to take better care of myself. Go to Physical Therapy it really works!

I knit myself some half mitts to keep my hands toasty before learning compression gloves work better.

I bought from Twisted for the last time.


I knit socks for a friend for the first time, in her favorite colors. She gushed over the yarn when I brought it back from Brno.

Now there are three ladies that have Yarnkettle made socks. 

I hope they keep your feet toasty!


I learned shawls are kinder to my hands than socks. I had fun finally making some shawls I had been meaning to knit and found some new ones too.


I knit D some fantastic rainbow socks.


Mellie signed up to be the Yarnkettle Casa shawl inspector.


I took some socks to my mammogram appointment. Nothing like knitting to stay calm. 


I finally finished my white whale of a project. 


I knit D some non rainbow socks. Alas they are not as pretty!


My sister painted a Christmas picture of Mellie and Burt. 
She painted another one too but I love this one more. Shh don't tell on me.


Mellie got certified as an official festival yarn inspector.


I knit some shocking socks for me.


Burt told me this make do bind off was going to bug me forever so I should rework it now.
All 400+ stitches put back on the needles. Sigh but he was right!


D received his rushed Christmas socks.


We both enjoyed new Christmas socks.


I bought yarn from the Loopy Ewe for the first time in quite a while. See I told you I loved the rainbow yarn.


I knit a gnome and snowman friend. 

Who knows there may be a whole flock of them next Christmas. 

Is that how you name a group of snowmen? 

I found out a group of snakes is a Rumba! 

I would have called them a Scat of Snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment