Friday, December 22, 2023

Some New Yarn

I remember finding The Loopy Ewe way back in New York when I first started knitting socks. They started out as a store that only sold sock yarn and many of the yarns were independent dyers with color combinations I had yet to dream of. Or at least that is the way I remember it. As a new knitter I didn't know how yarn weight worked. I had gone to a few festivals but found them overwhelming. So many colors and textures, and I could have any of it. So I tried a few and bought some that weren't right for me. So finding a store that was right gauge for me without having to look everything up was wonderful.


Back in the day I listened to knitting podcasts and loved hearing about all the new things coming out. I especially loved hearing about dyers. Everything was new to me and I wanted to adsorb it all. 

Slowly over time I fell into and out of love with yarns. I found what worked for me and what didn't work. One of my new loves is Urth Yarns Uneek Sock. How could I not love stripey socks? So I took the plunge and ordered from the Loopy Ewe for the first time in years. 


Ok so we all know it was the rainbow socks that lured me in again. I loved knitting D's socks so much that I promised I could make myself some too. 


Did I ever show his socks to you? They are so bright and cheerful. I just love them and want some of my own.

And while I was shopping why not buy a new yarn to try? I can't wait to make something fabulous with it.


I forgot that Loopy Ewe throws in a treat.


Mellie thought they could have thrown in a few fishes for her to enjoy but resigned herself to some lap time instead.


Happy knitting to us all!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment