Saturday, December 9, 2023

As Fozzy the Bear would sing

Movin' Right Along


 

This was my progress at end of day on Dec. 7th. So I can knit more than half of a sock in three days without hurting myself.

Day one included a session at the library knitting group. The little green ball shows all the knitting done in day one December 5th. I am rather impressed with myself. I know I get into a groove sometimes but I've never really paid attention to how much knitting I can get done in a day.

The little chili pepper above it shows off how day two was not quite as productive. Interesting I guess library knitting group is good for me. In New York our knitting group was held at each other's houses and included lots of festive food. I guess noshing and knitting is less productive than sitting in slightly uncomfortable chairs. 

Day three is shown with two chili stitch markers one at the heel of the foot at the very top of the picture and one slightly higher in the row of stitch markers marking day one and two. Knitting a heel flap, turning the heel and picking up stitches to knit in the round again does not look as productive as round and round knitting of the leg. But it is what makes my socks fit well and stay put. Plus when you change direction in your knitting, it is so cool. I guess I just like taking that left turn at Albuquerque too much.

I'm cruising on the foot now but need to take a little time to make sure I am headed the right way in my Gnome KAL too. I am falling a wee bit behind in that. So I'll take a look at all that is happening there and report back when it is finally finished so I don't spoil anything. It is many little pieces at this point. 


No comments:

Post a Comment