Thursday, December 7, 2023

Oops I Almost Forgot

My New York friend talked me into another MKAL (Mystery Knit Along). I know I do remember how long our last MKAL went on and on, well on my end at least. But this December one is for a gnome how could I resist? So I picked out some yarn I bought at last year's fiber festival. Look at those mini skeins, I never buy minis but these called to me and now I know why, for a winter gnome knit along. I've made it through a few clues when a thought hit me. 


I only have one second sock on the needles besides the gnome parts. I will break a Christmas tradition. I give new socks to D each Christmas. Usually it is not a big thing since I always have a few pairs on the needles. Sometimes I just save a pair to give till Christmas. Sometimes I am finishing them on Christmas eve. This year the realization hit me on the 5th. 

A man sized pair of socks in 20 days? 
I can do that! Or at least I can try.


I picked out some lovely yarn from this year's fiber festival. I should really knit some before next year's festival so I know how much to get then... 


I did find on knot in it but I'm sure I can work around it since the big ball is 94g and the small one is 15g which adds up to a generous 109g. Nine more grams than advertised.


I cast on and got to knitting.


In two days and a morning I've got half a sock, not too shabby. The green ball marks my progress on the first day. The chili pepper marks the second day's progress and the heel flap was done this morning.

I may just be able to carry on the tradition.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment