Saturday, February 13, 2016

Ramble On

Well that balance thing I'm trying this year is not working as well as I would like. I am back on the exercise horse but my church work is taking a bit of a hit. Ending one year and starting another is one of the last things I had not yet done. There were some bumps and ruts along the way but I feel I am slowly clawing my way back to a schedule.

Gus had a small bump or two also. We've not had to see any vets urgently but I've cleaned up in the middle of the night a few times. Somedays he just looks so old and tired, but any day without a vet visit is good.

I tried to show off some socks that took me a while to knit but it seems I cannot get the photos to work here. Alas I will just have to talk about the book I just finished listening to instead.

A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman touched my soul. I am trying to convince D to listen as well. I loved it with all my heart. I knew I would either love Ove or hate Ove. He was more than a jerk at times but oh man did I want to spend more time with him and Parvanah. I especially loved Parvanah's will of steel. I laughed in so many spots and cried more times than I am willing to admit. I saw both myself and D in Ove's story quite a bit. I know I will be listening to Backman's other book that has been translated, My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry. I'm so glad I took Crazy Sheep Lady's recommendation.

Knitting has been going on, I've even finished a pair of socks. But my works in progress had dwindled to two, so I cast on another pair of socks yesterday. I knit about a quarter of a second sock at a church meeting last week. I had over packed for the meeting too, I brought three projects for a two hour meeting. Next time you all need to remind me something simple and already on the needles. I need to think of it as TV knitting but just a tinge less focused.

I have a pair of socks on the needles that have a deadline so I am fighting the urge to cast on the Baa-ble Hat, once these socks are done I will be knitting at least two of those hats, one for practice and the other for show. Oh yes there will be sheepy hats!

I had better make another pot of tea and put my nose back on the grindstone. Happy Knitting to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment