Friday, February 26, 2016

Baa Bump

I joined CrazySheepLady and some of her friends in a knitalong (KAL). I've been wanting to knit the Baa-ble hat since Rhinebeck. This KAL was just the final push I needed. I happily cast on and knit almost the full cuff at trivia night. (We lost spectacularly at trivia.) Tonight I settled in for a nice increase round and needle change...

Then I frogged the whole thing when my count did not match what the pattern said I should have. How could this be? I checked the increase round, did I not increase enough? I counted the increases, yep the right number of increases? (No not really but they were spaced correctly.) Finally I counted my ribbing...ah there is the mistake!

How could I not count the cast on correctly? Did I mention this is my first KAL and I am pretty darn excited about it? Oh you figured that out by yourselves? Could one of you not told me to count it again??

We have a saying in the USA, measure twice, cut once. D said that to a coworker a couple of years back. "That's interesting in Russia the saying is measure seven times, cut once." Why was I not Russian while casting on?

So I started over and believe me I counted more than twice, but did I count seven times...

4 comments:

  1. I'm a count seven times person too :-D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to learn the skill but I was just so excited to get going. Knitting is relaxing right?

      Delete
  2. Man, the HARDEST THING about knitting is the counting. I am completely unable to count, and I've resorted to placing a marker every ten stitches when I cast on ANYTHING, and I'm still wrong. What the heck??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Markers like gauge swatches lie! They're all a bunch of dirty liars. And in other news I'm still knitting a hat. ;)

      Delete