Saturday, March 5, 2016

Baa along

So my Baa-ble hat...


It has sheep! I spent part of last week worrying that my sheep floats are too tight. See how the sheep are a bit wrinkly? When you knit color work one strand of yarn is carried behind the other floating along the back of the work, floats. Any floats longer than 4 or 5 stitches are tacked down behind the sheep. If your knitting is too bunched up the floats will be too short and cause the knitting to remain bunched up.

See how the sheep have a bumpy texture? I thought about ripping back and reworking it. Last night I showed it to D and he said the most perfect thing, I like the sheep, they're all puffy! 

You know what? I like how the sheep are puffy too. I'm keeping them.

I always intended to make this a practice hat, why not allow it to have some personality? Perfection is overrated anyways.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I want to make that hat! It's on my to-do list. I love the bumpy texture, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitting peer pressure: knit it, knit it right now!
      No really it was fun, and it may be possibly the only hat I've knit that does not creep off my head.
      Knit it ;)

      Delete