Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Knitting Time

Well look at this I am on my way to finishing my first pair of socks for 2022. Yes I am rather proud of myself, why do you ask?

My first socks from yarn I brought back from Czechia in 2019. You know before the world went into a tailspin? You know the before times? Well anyways it was rather uninspiring in the skein. Honestly I had to look hard to look rather hard to find something to buy in the little yarn shop I sought out. I guess it felt a bit like a yarn store aimed a baby knitting. Nothing wrong with knitting for babies but it is not my thing and I really don't care for pastels. 

Hey at least this yarn identifies itself as sock yarn, and not only that it is Best Sock, sock yarn!
It is not like I was walking out the door without any yarn, let alone leaving the Best Sock yarn behind. Marketing claims need testing for science if nothing else.


Now I regret buying only one skein. (Realistically though have you ever heard me regret buying too much yarn? Right because too much yarn does not exist!) I am enjoying knitting this way more than I thought I would. 

I think it is the little flecks of blue that made me fall in love. Plus shh don't tell anyone but I love a stripey sock almost as much as D likes wearing them. I mean come on light grey, dark grey, medium grey, hey is that a hint of blue? Yes look at that blue. It is just so much fun to knit.

I will admit to getting a head start on these since I needed something for a quick drive up to Santa Fe before the New Year hit. As much as I silently scoff at commercially wound up yarn, it is so convenient to grab a ready to go skein and a set of needles and hit the road as a passenger. No winding no impatient hubby standing by the door with keys in his hands. Oh he was still there he just had to wait less time for me to gather myself together. 

Next up you know I cannot be too long without multiple socks on the needles. I had to cast on this lovely yarn too. This one is called 2020 to 2019: Hold my Beer. As we enter our third year of Covid, 2019 is just taking on a rosy hue or is that sepia tones of wistful thinking? Anyways the yarn knits nice and I am enjoying how this one pools itself in bright stripe-ish ways. Glad I bought a few different skeins from this dyer.


I was going to show off a pair of socks that need some reconstructive knitting but Melissa proclaimed herself to be more worthy of photo shoots than smelly old yarn or socks!



 

Then big bro added his orangeness to the convo with a heavy sigh and we were done with photo shoots.


Remember to give yourself enough self care. You're the only you we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment