Monday, February 24, 2020

Recovering

So my world has gotten rather small. I had my surgery. It went well. I am so happy to be on the road to recovery.

But... the changes are astounding. Everything needs to be figured out over and over. How do I do things without hurting myself further? How can I make something into the easiest most efficient process? And most importantly how do I feed the cats?!

It took a few days after the surgery to even feel human and somewhat competent.  Now I have moved into the I should be doing more stage. Oddly enough I really want to be doing household tasks! I want so badly to feel productive. I am just a bit obsessed with laundry for some reason.

I have been knitting and doing some exercises, but mostly my time is taken up with sitting uncomfortably and trips to the toilet. My world exists in two rooms.

I am safe. I am cared for. I am healing.

But I feel like I should be more me. I just have to tell myself I am super busy knitting myself back together.  I am productive. I'm growing bone. I am where I need to be, doing what I need to do.

I'd say give myself a break, but... that's how I got here in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment