Wednesday, February 12, 2020

dreaming of shawls

I have wanted a Catkin shawl since I saw one at a fiber festival. Or was that several? It was never a trendy pattern like some others but I loved it nonetheless. I didn't buy the pattern till several years later at Rhinebeck. I finally admitted that I could make something so complex, one day.

And more time went by knitting other things. When we moved to Oregon and I had a little time I was busy exploring the new yarn stores. I thought to myself finally I am going to make my Catkin! I spent some lovely air conditioned hours gazing at yarns. Remember it was over 100 our first few weeks here, I looked for any excuse to dally in AC!

I finally picked out two complimentary colors that I thought I could wear with just about anything, blue and grey.


I diligently knit up a swatch, making mistakes, ripping back and learning the way things should look.



Isn't it pretty? Then I let life take over. I was busy settling in, bringing Burt home, finding a job, handling D's very serious accident and rehab. Life it just keeps going on. And I am very thankful for that.

But the shawl is no closer to being a real object than when I took those photos. Sigh...

Now that I've had my accident maybe I should dust it off and make myself a shawl of ? Healing? Good Thoughts? Gratefulness?

A shawl that I love?

1 comment: