Sunday, February 16, 2014

Plugging on

So after owning up to my second sleeve problem the other day, I was presented with the perfect get-it-done environment. I used a snow filled morning to bang it out. My sweater now has two sleeve caps and partial sleeves.

I just tried it on an what there is of a sweater and it seems to fit. Now if I can only keep the momentum going. Stop looking at my you seductive socks! This snow storm only goes to prove that I need another sweater ASAP.

Just the other day I resisted buying yarn for yet another sweater. I really should finish one sweater before I bring in more wool. Don't worry that "rule" does not apply to sock yarn. I did a bit of research a while back and found that I get the majority of my sock yarn at festivals. And my two local festivals are in the fall, so I am on an unofficial yarn diet till my second sleeve syndrome resolves.

I did desperately search my house this morning for a sock with a hole in it. I found a piece of sock yarn snagged on a nail in the floor. D wore his Christmas socks for the first time the other day and I was sure he'd accidentally given them a hole. But I'm still searching, as they've passed inspection. Whew!

I was thinking the other day that I should do some random sock inspections. I would like to catch and repair any weak spots before they become holes. I know of one of my pairs is not holding out the cold as well as they once did. Looks like March just might be sock inspect and repair month.

Well I am back to knitting a sleeve then on to grocery shopping. I don't want to leave you in suspense so I'll tell you we're having lasagna tonight. D requested it.

No comments:

Post a Comment