Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lesson Two

Well I think an addiction to the fiber arts has formed in my Padawan. She was laying on the pressure for lesson two today. And she bought yarn all on her own. I heard "The yarn was so pretty I just had to have it. I don't know what I'm going to do with it". Yep that pretty much makes you a yarnie right there.

We covered knitting in the round on double pointed needles (dpn), how to work a simple cable, and how to pick up dropped stitches. I think the dpns made her mind go into overtime. She is excellent at identifying mistakes and quick at learning how to fix them. Not many more lessons to go before she is beyond me.

I will say that I am still the sock master. So I got that going for me.

D's sweater is moving right along. I am totally digging the color, deep plum purple. Would it be wrong/boring for me to make sweaters in twos also. He likes the color of my red sweater and I like the color of his plum sweater. Do you think we would start to look to much alike if we started wearing matching sweaters? Darn I thought so too. Now I will just have to find another color to fall in love with. There was a deep rose color yarn the last time I went to the yarn store. Do you think he will let me have that color?

Gus is here beside me giving me bedroom eyes so I think it is time for some of his I need you time.
Moose out!

No comments:

Post a Comment