Thursday, January 26, 2023

One Step at a time

Since I have been so productive in my knitting lately, I'm dusting off a project that has been in time out for a while. It is not my oldest WIP but I really don't want to talk about that one right now.

I pulled this one out. I'm happy with it so far I guess but it needs to get done. I had a panic moment when I thought I had lost my notes on this, and would not be able to figure out were I was on the pattern. First things first take a picture so at least I can compare to the pictures of finished ones. Looks like I don't have that far to go. (She says before realizing she stopped before the bobble section.)

This pattern gave me an insight on myself. I loathe making one stitch into five stitches then turning it back into one stitch a few rows later. Loathe! I buckled down and finished out clue three and vowed to never knit another bobble again. Yes I had checked the finished ones to make sure this was the last clue with a bobble. I should have named this my Outside my comfort zone shawl.


Mellie decided she could be my bobble knitting support cat. She was thrilled I pulled this out and sat down to knit in the comfy chair. Plus a little Christmas glow is always nice.


Burt punched in as a knitting supervisor on another day. Who doesn't want lap time and Christmas lights?

I have pulled out all the tools on this knit too. I bought these nifty stitch markers at a local wool festival in October because I knew I still needed to knit on this shawl. I've been using my clip on ten row stitch markers on this too. This shawl has so much bling on it during the complicated bits the cats still hear the tinkle of bells.


But I'm not just knitting either. I made some cinnamon rolls and overbaked them.


I tried my hand at making upside-down pineapple cake for the second time. It was good but I don't think I need to bake it again soon. I do feel a nice lemon drizzle pound cake in my future though.  

Sitting next to the cake is another experiment. I fermented garlic in honey. Yeah I know I'm not sure how I feel about it either. I had to burp it once a day for a week. Oh the smell was so strong. It is supposed to be an immunity booster but I've not tried it too much yet. The smell did mellow as the week went on but still, Yowsa!


Mellie forgave the smell and kept on knitting with me. We are slowly making our way through clue 4 then on to clue 5 and finishing. 

I have finished a pair of socks and mittens in the meantime to keep my easy knitting brain calm. This shawl will be a long haul. My friend that suggested this knit along is long past being finished with hers. Heck she even finally blocked it. I'm not jealous at all. I have a clue and a half to go and it will be done by 2024. Mellie says I have to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment