Monday, July 20, 2020

Not a Rubber Chicken

The other night we looked out our back window and thought a plastic bag was caught on our fence or tree. Still it looked full and odd, so my intrepid hubby went out to take a look. It was a chicken roosting on our fence and mostly protected from view by our tree. Smart bird.

Then I thought what if she is sick or dying? We just left her there in peace because there was no blood or random feathers. She looked smooth and calm.

The next morning she was still there till she hopped down and had a nice bug breakfast in our yard. She made the best TV show my kittens seen ever! Mellie would not move from the patio door. TV even got better when she came up and bawked at Mellie through the window.

We think she is a new addition to our neighbor's yard. But she is welcome to come over and roost with us. She came back last night too.

My inner farm girl is very happy with this situation. All of the fun, none of the responsibility.

I'll try to get pictures when I can.

2 comments:

  1. Ehhh, you might think no responsibilities, but you are going to be sad when something grabs her during the night :-/. Can you train her to go back to her coop at night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did not really have a coop that I could see. It seemed to be a large dog carrier sitting right on the ground. Not a safe place for a chicken, on the ground with only one exit. She was around for two nights then disappeared. I think someone came to stay for a short time and either took her home with them or she was a chicken for eating. I am choosing to believe they were just stopping by. I'm sad to see her go.

      Delete