Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Knitting in March

Well would you look at that I have been knitting! I've had this lovely yarn with me since NY. I'd been holding off knitting it waiting for the right pattern to pop up. I knew I wanted something more than plain socks. But I finally gave up and started knitting a plain sock. Then right before the heel flap my brain said I should knit some purple Monkeys. I ripped back to the cuff and sure enough they did want to be Monkeys. 


And look what Hubby brought back from a nice little yarn store in Pennsylvania. I just love seeing what colors (and brands) he picks out. I think he does a great job.


Last Halloween time a coworker brought in a cat shaped soap that he had made. We did some negotiating and decided to trade our skills. I got some handmade Star Wars soap for Hubby and he was supposed to get slippers. You know like his grandma made him in the past. A quick and easy knit...


Never send a muggle to the yarn store unsupervised. He bought sock yarn, but he did buy enough for his bigger-than-mine feet. So yeah, I'm making a pair of socks for a coworker, how did that happen again? Oh, he did get a great large tote bag with a fun kitty on it, like sweater size bag. I didn't have a knitting bag big enough to hold a sweater, but I do now, and I'm making socks.


In other news I found a wee bit of time to spin some yarn. I got up to check on the laundry and next thing I knew I had lost my spinning seat. Don't worry he gave it back not too much later. Good thing my spinning has so much supervision.

Finally it is hard to be a kitten in this house, you have to share everything. 


I think they may just love each other a tinge.

No comments:

Post a Comment