Friday, January 26, 2018

The Things "People" Do

I am very comfortable and happy with the person I have become. I like me. That is one heck of a statement when you think about it. There are things that I would like to change about myself, but all in all, I am grateful and comfortable being me!

I was just thinking this week that my hair and I have come to a mutual understanding, we both think  it looks great. Who knew I would ever be comfortable without bangs? I was told that I am lucky because the color of my hair is pretty and I don't have to dye it.

I got through the toughest years of my life recently. I took care of my hubby and myself while he recovered. I drove/moved cross country by myself. Flew home to SD twice in a month, once by myself to attend my father's funeral. I lost two beloved cats.

I am a Wife. I am a friend. I am a sister. I am a daughter. I am a worker. I am a knitter. I am a Kitty Momma. I am one Hell of a Farmer's Daughter!

But today I received this...


Just when you have hope, you realize just how shitty "people" really are. 

This coward, who is not a person in my opinion, sent this load of judgemental crap to me anonymously.

Guess what? I am still very happy with who I am.

I do not need nor want to change anything for you. 

I will never be a model, a lady or a spokesperson. I will never be polished or impeccable. Heck, I won't even be well dressed.

What I am is me. I am beautiful. I am witty. I am funny. I am strong. I am caring. I am smart. I am blessed. I take care of my loved ones. I take care of my furry ones. I AM LOVED!

I too am judgemental and critical, but I try to keep that to myself. I can be vicious and hurtful. I cry and drink beer. I swear. 

I know who I am. Can you say the same about yourself?
We all know what you are, coward.

2 comments: