Thursday, October 13, 2022

Blankie Saga - The Ending

Let's talk about something that may not send me off into a crying jag, shall we?

The Blankie has been completed. One thing that struck me finally is how much the colors match my funky rooster. I mean seriously it is like we were using it as a color palette. No Auntie H you do not get Randolph the Rooster too!!! 



Once completed I had to lay it all out for inspection and approval. Mellie immediately gave it a thorough inspection. Auntie H has given us the left over yarn so Mellie may get a smaller one of her own. But not yet I am not ready to tackle another one so soon.

Burt wanted to check colors against Randolph to verify the palette even though I told him we didn't intend for that to happen.

One thing I will do for Mellie's blankie is make sure to mark which is the right side. I didn't think it was noticeable till I was a few stars in and the bright and dark didn't quite mesh as well. Live and learn right? I mean knitters choice; I was totally doing that as a design element to show off how the colors contrast?!

I bask in my knitterly glory for a week or so. Then laid it out for one last pic before sending it off to washer/dryer land. Mellie of course is a dependable inspector and gave it final approval.


It made it through washer/dryer land with flying colors so I let the New Mexico sun give it a kiss and finish off the drying. Plus it made an excellent flag for a bit.

 


So I seem to be channeling my feelings into my knitting but this is the end of this saga. I have a bunch of new things on my needles and more finished stuff to eventually show you but I need to get this off in the mail soon.

1 comment: