Thursday, July 14, 2022

Blankie tale the green rows.

In the first episode of big blankie tale we covered what I was able to knit in Oregon. The stripes were smaller and I was able to change up quite a few colors. After the move it took more time between color changes. Heaps more time. I thought I would be able to tell this tale in two installments. Silly me! At least it is helping me over my blogging hiatus.

I love green so I was excited to start these rows. 


Looks like Mellie was excited about green also. Maybe she was missing the Oregon green we had swapped for New Mexico brown?



I thought I had missed taking pictures of the green rows but I didn't. They just got lost in the sheer magnitude of pictures and time this thing has taken.


No really I sent a lot of pictures to Auntie H.



Mellie was happy to have a safe place to sit with Momma after the move. And nothing smells more like home than Momma and yarn!

 

I would say this is when I realized the magnitude of the blanket but that is not true. When Auntie had to buy more yarn I realized this was no ordinary baby blanket. I will have to total up how many balls of yarn it was once it is done. 


Mellie and I put in some quality settling in time together. 




Quality settling in time!!!

In case anyone is wondering the pattern is a free one, Ten Stitch Star by Frankie Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment