Monday, February 28, 2022

Taking care of yourself and others

We have started health plans for all of us. We all need to get more exercise and lose some weight. Yes I know it is not fun to talk about lifestyle changes, but here we are. 

The kittens are on board with one of their changes. Da Bird needs to come out more even if it hurts a bit it is good to keep all the legs moving.



Momma tell them I killed the bird several times before you took this pic!
I'm not lazy just hard to capture in motion.


Great action shot Burt!

Yes I know Momma. I am a very photogenic kitty!!!



I found a recipe for ginger curry scones. Yes I know it sounds a bit odd but they were fantastic. I also know that scones are not on the healthiest foods you can eat list, but they have tumeric in them so they have just a touch of anti inflammatory properties in them. Plus our heat went out and the oven helps keep it warmer in here. That is my story and I am sticking to it.


After any workout it is time for a nice rest and recharge. Mellie and her arthritis seem to be doing OK. She has good days and bad days. The cold certainly does not help but snuggling with big bro does till you crowd him off the chair.


We make a great bobsled team! If by bobsled you mean nap-chair team.

So try to stay warm out there and in here and remember to get up and move. Get more steps in every day and take care of yourselves and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment