Thursday, October 28, 2021

Words

I am still in the thick of things. Getting things ready, giving away things no longer useful for us. Calls and emails have been sent and received. Yarn and fiber have been vacuum packed. 

I texted my BFF (Best Fiber Friend) and got her opinion on a sweater that has been in time out for a long while. I sent picture so me wearing it and came to the conclusion this was never going to work for me. I took a picture before I frogged it. I wanted to like it so much more than I did when I put it on. 

Alas Teatime Cardigan you are all wound up into being just yarn again. It was fun while it lasted but it was never going to be love with us.

The woolie washing continues too. Mellie made sure I was blocking properly. I also compared my shawls and found I do not love purely triangular shawls. The never seem to wrap me properly. But this one will stay handy on the couch to warm me up if needed.



Burt and Mellie are testing out their road gear too. I have made them into nice hidey hole quiet rooms and we both marked our scent in them. But not in the super smelly scent marking way just the warm sleepy fur kind of way.

To contain Momma's Little Pistol Mellie in the hotel rooms while we travel, we now have a playpen for her. Although we are calling it Burt's Yurt just to make sure everyone is happy.


 Soon enough we will be on our way then we will be there and new fun begins. 

2 comments:

  1. What a nice momma you are to make sure your kitties have safe places to retreat to during such a weird time. I've made plenty of things in my past that I wish I'd been brave enough to frog before I was done. It's for the best. Yarn deserves to be loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yurt and car yurts have been tested for two days now. Not travel but packing up. Worked better than I hoped. Now I hope my luck continues.

      Delete