Sunday, April 12, 2020

Let's talk knitting at home

With all that is in the news, I waffle between Keep Calm and Carry On and Yikes, Yikes, and oh man more Yikes. So I guess this post will be about the former because it is really all we can do. So let's talk about knitting at home. 


I finished some socks and even remembered to take a picture of them. You know the best thing about being laid up with a broken ankle? When you finish a sock that's all you need for the moment. So I started wearing this pair when it was only a single. I tried them both out at the same time last week. Turns out compression stocking + wool sock + boot keeps a lot of heat on the foot. Way too much warmth. So I am back to singles for the time. 

Once those were off the needles I realized I had no socks on the needles so I had to cast on. I dug out one of my beloved Zauberballs. Hey they are already wound up and ready to knit, and it is not like I will need this ball for easy travel knitting anytime soon.


I'm very glad I bought that nice stash bag on my last trip to my LYS. It is a nice sturdy canvas tote. Nice to have a treat once in a while.

The next day I cast on more socks because really we need upstairs and downstairs knitting on the go.


Burt would like you to know how to deal with that annoying coworker that always tries to take the best chair.

He says it is not really a solution if your coworker doesn't care if you sit on them. He got up before she even budged. It was probably her best Burt scenario.

Try to remember to Keep Calm and Carry On.

No comments:

Post a Comment