Sunday, July 1, 2018

My First Black Sheep Gathering 2018

Well that was super fun! My first festival where I got to say I'm a spinner and knitter. And when we get to the photos you will see what my focus was for this one. I hope spinning opens a new world to me, because I now have the stash for it!!!

First let me introduce you to my new (old) wheel. 


She is a 1970s Ashford traditional wheel. Isn't she grand?! Keeping with my who I am, she does not have a name yet. And I just spent too much time on a name website looking up names...hmmm they all seem to be old fashioned names. Edwina means valuable friend, Dumi means inspirer, Finan means capable, Edna means spirit renewed, Agatha means good. So many names running around my head. Oh who am I kidding I will probably call her all these names.


And here she is with all her new wooly friends. We're going to have so much fun together!!!!!

I tried to get a nice selection of breeds, many have the sheep's names on them. Since it was Black Sheep Gathering, dedicated to colored wool, I made sure to get a pretty wide selection of natural colors. I have Alpaca, BFL, California Red, Corriedale, Icelandic, Navajo Churro, Romeldale/CMV, Shetland, and Wensleydale.


I was resting near the restrooms when the button wagon and lady came by. Are these not fantastic?Adriene make your selection I think one needs to come live with you. Maybe next year you can come down and attend with me. We have always wanted to go to a festival together...


So there it is my magnificent fiber and fun haul. Only two skeins of yarn came home with me, well yarn in the I-can-knit-it-as-is sense. Burt did a preliminary inspection and thinks that yes we will have fun with all this. We've been spending some time together in our Rhinebeck room.

I'm going to go fluff some fiber now.

1 comment: