Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Celebrate!

This post comes to you from my mind sitting in a lovely B&B on the coast of Oregon. Ahh, Oregon I wish you loved me half as much as I love you. I know I know, you're trying to grow me into the strong competent person you think I can be but honey throw me a bone every once in a while. I'm working this church treasurer thing now, and a full time job, and a new house, and deciding if Burt needs a brother. Maybe the coast will give me some relaxation time.

Yep, I'm a church office holder now. Boy is that a tough adjustment to make. And here I thought I left church work back in New York. Sigh.

Anyways back to the meat of the story. This month is an anniversary for D and me. Where to go? What to do? We've been together long enough to know we're not the fancy dinner premium hotel kind of people.

But we have dipped our toes into a few B&Bs. So pretty and man do I love it when someone makes breakfast for me. Today we got to try Dutch Babies. I know it sounds like I'm a cannibal but I'm not. A Dutch Baby is a German (Deutsch) pancake. It is a bit like a big version of a popover or Yorkshire Pudding. I've never had Yorkshire Pudding but I did run across a funny article. The BBC was making fun of NY Times for giving recommendations for syrup or fruit preserves being used on a Dutch Baby when everyone knows it is properly known as Yorkshire Pudding and Yorkshire Pudding is not sweet it is savory only!!!!

Ahh, the things people can get their knickers in a twist over. Just because something is served one way in one place does not mean they hold the rights on everything about it. Just think if India took back Curry from England. Honestly I have no idea if there are differences between true Indian Curry and Curry you get in England. I just hope India does not judge me harshly for loving their curry spice.

Getting back to the Dutch Baby we had, I now have the recipe and will be attempting them in my house. If I am quick and lucky I just may post some pictures in the future.

We had a lovely time at the beach and continued the German food theme with lunch at a German restaurant. Germany can I continue to love your wursts and beers too?

We were then off to watch glass blowing being demonstrated. I have a wee glass kitten and some fancy new earrings and the continued love of crafting in all their various forms. We also hit Tillamook Cheese on the way down, and admired their ability to craft cheese and tasty things too.

Now since D is enjoying a rest in the lovely private B&B room I may just take a walk down on the shore or I could just curl up too. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment